Monday 31 May 2010

The Making of JB Anthology



I had the privilege of joining the above workshop earlier today. It was organised by JOHO, a community set-up meant for budding artists in Johor. It was sort of an eye-opener for me, a newbie in writing. And it was facilitated by Amir Muhammad, a Film Director, writer and publisher.

I nearly missed this workshop because of some personal problems...but during the last minute, managed to be there, even tho' I was a bit late. But nonetheless, I thank my darling husband a lot for letting me go for this one and taking care of the kids while I was at that.

Heck, I didn't know what an anthology is, until I bought the Bryan Adams Anthology a few weeks ago. He he...Well, Anthology is a collection of literary works chosen by the compiler (as defined by Wikipedia). It may be a collection of poems, short stories, plays, excerpts or songs. And in this regard, I think JOHO intends to have a compilation of JB Short Stories of its own....tho' it's too early to say so.

But even tho' I'm not a Johorean, but why not, you know...if I can contribute something to this noble cause. Being a writer doesn't mean you have to be an expert in a subject matter, right? So long as you have the imagination, the framework, the story...you write, right? And after being here for about 10 years now...I do realise that Johor actually hosts a mixture of historical and modern stories about its culture (definitely), food (again, definitely), locations and the buildings themselves. Whether or not these have been given the limelight...I'm not sure. Maybe fragments of 'em, here and there...you know.


It was indeed a pleasure being with some very creative people during the workshop...youngsters...and I was the 'youngest' of 'em all! It was...fun. He he...




Check this out...a certificate!! Hoo hooo....

Note:
I would strongly urge young Johoreans, especially, to join this community group called JOHO.

No comments: