Saturday 1 May 2010

Life and all its worth

I have been trying to understand what life is all about, for years. All throughout my teenage and adult years. As I go along...things happened...the goods and the bads. Sometimes I was caught in a labyrynth and I got lost. But somehow He would lead me back.

Looking back, I feel grateful, very very grateful that God has always been kind to me. I guess I was one of the blessed. My life was full of love and I had experienced no hardships since I was a kid. I've also been blessed with despair, frustrations and depressions. All those only to test my faith and believe in the One and Only God.

Only now do I understand that life is all about experiencing it. Being grateful for all the goodness and learning from the hardships. Never can we forget what has befallen us in the past...especially the bad ones. But we could always learn from the mistakes that we have done, repent and try to be a better human being from then on. They say 'maturity comes of age'...this caption is true; but only when one would learn from their experiences and become more rational in their actions. And I came also to understand that all the bad things that happened was none other than caused by our own doing.

I understand that all of us were sent to life to serve a purpose and we have promised to do so. As such, we must always ensure that we deliver the promise so that when we were called back, we are able to report that we have indeed fulfilled our promise. Sadly enough, along the way from first breath to the last, we tend to forget that promise. So did I.

And now I've been given another chance to retract, repent and make good of my being. Thank you, God...for You have been kind to me yet again! And now, all I'm asking for is forgiveness from those that I have done wrong...whether or not I realised it. And I would also forgive those who have done me wrong. For God is Most Merciful and He is Great...so why can't we, the lesser beings, forgive one another? Therefore tonight I'm letting go of the past....I'm letting go...

Life...is short. We'll never know when is our time to go back. Remember...always remember....our promise :

"Ash haduanlaailaahaillallah... wa ashaduannamuhammadarrasulullah"
(There is no God but Allah...and Muhammad is His messenger)

Yours Truly,
ZADE