Wednesday 12 November 2014

Life As It Is

So much has been going on in my life for the past 3 years or so. Back in 2010 I’ve resigned from the previous company where I’ve worked for 10 years. From then til end of 2011 I tried to make it on my own but to no avail. Then I got a job in KL and moved in to live with my parents. My kids went to school there, much to the delight of my dad who became their chaperone. I had to commute from Bentong to KL on daily basis.

Earlier, I would take the bus as early as 6am and the journey took about 2 hours to reach the office. I’d usually take the last bus home which departed at 9pm. So I’d arrive home about 11pm. That was like a daily routine. Sometimes, when work is too much I would stay overnight at my cousin’s in KL. My parents would take care of the kids.

Fate has it that my dad were to pass away on 2nd August 2012. We were 12 days into the fasting month of Ramadhan then. It was so sudden. He was hospitalised for high blood pressure on Saturday. He was discharged on Wednesday, the evening of 1st August. Later that night, he fell in his room and died on the way to the hospital. Medically speaking, he could’ve got a heart attack. Since then my mom got sick. I guess losing her soulmate and life partner was too much to bear. Though she was diagnosed for having kidney failure earlier this year, she didn’t show any signs of improvement even after a few weeks being warded in a private hospital. She finally succumbed to her illness (and possibly grieve) on 25th June 2013. Yes, that was just recently. And it was only about two weeks before Ramadhan.

As I wrote, we are already in the 21st day of Ramadhan. Short of 9 days to go before the Eid ul Fitri. This time around, I won’t have both my parents to celebrate it with.

I had lots to write about that particular episode. Maybe I’ll do it later. For now, this is just a synopsis of what has been going on in my life. I’m glad that God has given me this challenge. So that I’m on my toes all the time. So that I won’t be in my comfort zone so much. So that I am able to take on the challenge and become wiser and stronger. So that I am able to accept life as it is.

Til then.

-This article was posted on Wordpress July 30, 2013.

No comments: