Sunday 14 November 2010

Opposites Attract & The Jigsaw

In reference to a relationshiop, a magnet symbolises two things - 1. Couples going in different directions (one to the South, the other to the North); and 2. Couples attracted to each other (opposites). "Opposites Attract"...so they say. But do they really?


I married a guy who is generally different from me. Sometimes I think it's impossible for us to even talk to each other. We just can't understand what the other meant! At first it was difficult for me to comprehend. Always told myself that I've found the wrong man. Always told myself that I should have looked for a guy who could understand me better.

But as the years went by, I started to understand. Though we are different, we are actually complementing each other. I was always the forgetful and he would remind me. He would always mis-understand something and I would clarify it to him. I was always rushing into things...he would show me the yellow light to make me stop and think it over.

Nobody is perfect. So, what we are lacking is filled in by our partners and our team members. There's no harm in getting a different partner or totally the opposite from us. We only need to understand each other's strengths & weaknesses. Each one of us is like a piece of the jigsaw puzzle. Only when we are attached to each other, would we make a complete picture.


Sure, some people say that life would be more fun if we found those who are like us. But is it really going to be more fun? We'd be doing the same thing together, share the same interest, watch the same kind of movie and listen to the same genre of music. Maybe in years to come we'd be tired of all those things that we have been doing and then what?
Imagine that we have members who think & have the same interest as us, in our team. Whatever ideas we brought forth, would be agreed by them with no objections. Whatever strategies we thought of, are okay with them. What would eventually happen to the team? It'll lack enthusiasm, lack new ideas, lack new interest. The team members won't have to stretch their minds to think 'out of the box' already.
 
In short, life needs variety, don't you think?

No comments: