Sunday 14 November 2010

A Shoulder To Lean On

When I was living in Subang Jaya, I used to take the Metro Bus from / to KL. From KL, the bus stop was in front of Kotaraya. I'd always have to rush over to board it along with the many other passengers; because that bus was always full to the stairs.

Most of the time, it seemed to be full because most of them didn't want to go further inside. So most of the time too, I had to squeeze myself in. Thanks to the then my petite figure. Haha. And as I was in, of course I'd have to stand. Sometimes there'll be a gentleman who would give his seat for me. But most of the time I'd have to wait for someone to get down.

There were times when I was fortunate enough to get a seat. There were also times when the passenger sitting next to me dozed off to sleep (who would not, if one would have to wake up early in the morning to go to work and come back when it was already dark). When they were deep in sleep, they'd tend to slump over on to my shoulder. I wouldn't mind if it was a lady...but if it was a guy...duhhh!! They're heavy!

Come to think of it, in life, sometimes we do need a shoulder to lean on. Not necessarily a well-known shoulder as in our best friend or confidante, but sometimes we could pass for a stranger. And not necessarily we hope for them to solve our problems....just to ease the burden off our own shoulders. But of course, not many people like this idea.

Don't get the wrong idea, though. I'm not suggesting that you pour your heart out to every stranger you met. It's just that sometimes we don't want to bog our friends down with our petty problems or self-insufficiencies...and sometimes we want to protect our pride too, eh? And who knows....strangers could become friends. It's not uncommon.

No comments: