Thursday 27 April 2017

Don't Turn Away

The sun is setting
in the horizon
the world is getting darker
my heart is beating harder

I can see you clearly
even with my eyes closed tight
a faint smile on your face
is what I can see
fading away with the remaining light

I hold out my hands
but I can't reach out to thee
and you look at me for a while
before you start to turn and leave

Oh please don't go...
I beg of you
Don't leave me alone in this darkness
For I don't know what to do

You stopped and approached me slowly
touched my face with your cold fingers
looked into my eyes and said to me gently
"I'm sorry, but I can't stay any longer"

Tears start to flow down my cheeks
My muffled cry made you take a peek
"Don't cry my dear, I will always be near
Just feel it in your heart and I will be there".

When I open my eyes the darkness has gone
Light is shining upon me from somewhere beyond
I know that you are gone and shall never come back
I'll cherish the moments and all the memories that we've ever had.

No comments: