Sunday 31 October 2010

You Will Get What You Wished For

When I started working back in 1991, my first pay was only RM800. I envied my friends who earned RM1200 - RM1500 then. When my elder brother got back from the UKs and started working, he earned almost RM8,000. So I wished that one day I would earn RM10,000. 19 years later, I got what I wished for. My last drawn salary was RM10,600. But I quit the job!

Those days, my only wish was to have my own house and a car. My first car was a CLK (Cute Little Kancil), that I bought after working for 5 years. I bought my first house after working for about 10 years.


When I was in my early twenties and already working, most of my lady colleagues got hitched between 22 - 25 years of age. So people started to ask me "When are you getting married?". I told them that "There are still a lot of things I wanted to achieve in life. Marriage is the last thing on my mind right now". So I got married when I was 35 years old. By then, I've already travelled to all the 12 States in Malaysia (save for Sarawak), I've had a great time jungle trekking and been up to Mt. Kinabalu; I was already a successful worker, I have my own house and my own car.

But there were frustrations and heartbreaks over the years that made me think, why didn't I get what I wanted? I wanted to marry my ex-boyfriend but finally I got ditched. I wanted to buy an apartment somewhere in Subang Jaya but finally I bought a landed property in Gelang Patah, Johor. I wanted to be one of the first ladies to hold an important position in a port, but I ended up leaving the port industry to become a housemaker.

After much thoughts, I figured that we don't always get what we want...but we'll get what we wished for.

So if any one of you wanted to marry Prince William...dream on. You'll never get it. Well...you could. But the odds are...you won't! But if you wish to marry a Prince or someone with loads of money...God willing, you will. Wish for a luxury car. God willing, you'll get either a BMW Sport, a Mercedes Benz, a Volvo or a Porsche. But if you wish for a BMW X5...you might not get it and you'll get frustrated. Wish for a house. God willing, you'll get either a bangalow, an intermediate terrace, a semi-D or a condo.

If you want to get married, wish for a good guy who would love you like nobody else would love you. God willing, you will get the all-in-one package - a handsome, well-off and a good, lovable guy. If you wish for a handsome man, you might get one who is penniless or a hooligan or even worse, a playboy! If you wish for a rich man, you might get one who is bald and bulky. Haha.


Get it?

No comments: